Kristina began working with Brownlee as a law student during the summers of 2016 and 2017, and continued with the firm as an articling student from July 2018 – July 2019. She now works with the municipal group in Calgary and aids the team with a wide range of municipal matters.
Kristina is passionate about helping to build sustainable local economies and communities. In her final year of law school, Kristina wrote a directed research paper titled “Legal Possibilities for Social Entrepreneurs in Alberta” in which she explores various legal structures available to entrepreneurs who want to pursue profit and a community benefit mission simultaneously.
In her spare time Kristina can be found exploring local cafes, book stores, breweries, and live music venues; or venturing to the mountains for hiking, snowboarding, or cross-country skiing.
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Probono Law Alberta – Civil Claims Duty Counsel (2018/2019)
- University of Calgary Public Interest Law Clinic — clinical student (2016/2017)
- Canadian Association of Environmental Law Societies — conference organizer (2016)
- Probono Students Canada and LEVEL – Dare to Dream project volunteer (2015/2016)