Kristina began working with Brownlee LLP as a law student during the summers of 2015 and 2016 and now works with the municipal group in Calgary. In her final year of law school, she spent a semester studying at Leiden University in the Netherlands, which fostered her love of the law, and corporate social responsibility.
Kristina is the author of a directed research project titled “ Legal Possibilities for Social Entrepreneurs in Alberta,” in which she explores various legal structures available to entrepreneurs who want to pursue profit and a
community benefit mission simultaneously. She aids the team at Brownlee LLP in matters related to the legal responsibilities of business, including product liability, director and officer liability, and environmental/regulatory issues.
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Probono Law Alberta – Civil Claims Duty Counsel (2018/2019)
- University of Calgary Public Interest Law Clinic — clinical student (2016/2017)
- Canadian Association of Environmental Law Societies — conference organizer (2016)
- Probono Students Canada and LEVEL – Dare to Dream project volunteer (2015/2016)