With respect to administrative matters, Brownlee LLP represents numerous consumer-based organizations and acts as counsel before various regulatory authorities including, but not limited to, utility authorities. Recently, the firm has become increasingly involved in the areas of environmental, health, and Aboriginal law.
ADVISORY SERVICES FOR FOR ADMINISTRATIVE TRIBUNALS
At Brownlee, we understand the importance of providing advice that serves the interests of the administrative tribunals that employ us. It is our objective to ensure that the administrative tribunals we work for act in proper accordance with their established rules and processes. Brownlee knows that a proactive advisory approach is the best way to limit the chance of a tribunal decision being successfully challenged later on.
Brownlee LLP serves numerous administrative tribunals to:
- ensure they properly carry out their mandates
- act as counsel on judicial reviews and appeals of tribunal decisions before the Court of Queen’s Bench and the Court of Appeal
- advise as to best practices, bylaws and policies that govern their actions
- help ensure decisions are sound and likely to withstand challenges
SERVING THE INTEREST OF THOSE APPEARING IN FRONT OF TRIBUNALS
Additionally, Brownlee utilizes its extensive knowledge of administrative law to better serve the interests of clients appearing in front of administrative tribunals. It is our intention to protect the rights of these clients by ensuring that tribunals are carried out in a way that is reasonable and impartial. Brownlee represents parties who appeal before tribunals to better:
- protect their interests
- advance their positions
- ensure the tribunal proceeds in a way that is fair and just
SHAD A. CHAPMAN insurance and litigation practice leader
ALVIN KOSAK partner, municipal practice area leader