Brownlee LLP Opens A New Vancouver Office
Brownlee LLP’s first British Columbia office has opened! This office is focused primarily on providing litigation counsel – a service we have offered for more than 60 years.
Navigate Complex Insurance Matters with Precision & Purpose
We regularly represent clients in a broad range of litigation matters including insurance coverage, indemnification, construction, professional negligence, and personal injury. Our clients, which include municipalities, schools, and private entities, rely on our insight and experience to handle all aspects of a dispute, as well as to provide critical and proactive insight to help avoid future litigation. Some of our services include:
- Commercial general liability
- Product and occupiers’ liability
- Municipal matters
- Professional negligence
- Directors’ and officers’ liability
- Transportation and inland marine claims
- Serious injury law
- Bodily Injury and catastrophic losses
- Specific negligence claims
- Property and fire losses
- Complex coverage issues
- First party claims
- Environmental pollution claims
- Life, health, and disability claims
- Subrogated matters
- Cyber liability and breach coaching
We Defend Private & Public Sector Insurance Claims
- Successfully defended a school district against a slip and fall claim, representing a landmark occupiers’ liability claim that was dismissed by the Alberta Court of King’s Bench, Alberta Court of Appeal, and the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Defended an engineering company, where the plaintiff’s claim of professional negligence and breach of contract was dismissed for lack of merit.
- Defended environmental liability claims arising from municipal sanitary sewage, water or drainage systems, building inspection negligence, and public transit liability.
- Defended an injurious communications claims involving defamatory comments or representations made by municipal officials.
Boost Knowledge with Complimentary Seminars
Hosted by our lawyers, these complimentary insurance litigation seminars offer knowledge and strategies to provide effective claims services with less legal assistance. The seminars are custom built, thoroughly vetted, and cover a variety of topics ranging from indemnification to assault and battery.
About Brownlee LLP
Founded in 1935 by the late John E. Brownlee (the fifth premier of Alberta), Brownlee offers a team of more than 80 lawyers who practice extensively in our core service areas of litigation, municipal and administrative, business, employment and labour, and privacy law.