We are currently seeking a Litigation Paralegal to join our Calgary office. Brownlee LLP offers competitive salaries, great benefits, a matching RRSP Plan and a fitness reimbursement. Please review the following and if this sets out the perfect opportunity for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Organizing and reviewing client production documents, scanning, coding documents and e-discovery processing.
- Preparing Affidavits of Records (including document review and coding).
- Preparing production including witness and expert briefing binders.
- Importing new data and exporting load files, loading transcripts and exporting network cases.
- Organizing exhibits, undertakings, pleadings and motion materials.
- Good understanding of legal concepts and procedures.
- Working knowledge of litigation support software (i.e. Eclipse) and a good understanding of the practical requirements of e-discovery.
- Advanced computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office, Outlook, document management systems and an enthusiasm for e-discovery software.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, communication skills and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Positive work ethic and attitude along with strong teamwork skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact confidently with lawyers and clients.
- Post-secondary diploma/certificate from an accredited paralegal/legal assistant program (successful career history will be considered).
- 5+ years as a Paralegal, working on litigation matters (i.e. insurance defence, personal injury)
To apply for this position, please contact Shirley Cumming at email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.