Legal Assistant (Labour & Employment) – Edmonton
We are currently seeking a Legal Assistant to join our Labour & Employment department in our Edmonton office. Please review the following and if this sets out the opportunity you are looking for, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Daily correspondence, document preparation, dictation, drafting and filing court documents.
- File preparation and management.
- Book court dates, questionings and communicate with other parties.
- Conduct searches and carry out investigation through internet and other means.
- Liaise with legal assistants, paralegals, lawyers and clients on file progress.
- General administrative duties including entering time and preparing accounts.
- An understanding of various litigation proceedings.
- Good computer skills with experience in MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Strong attention to detail, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact confidently with paralegals, lawyers and clients.
- Graduate of recognized Legal Assistant, Paralegal or Law Clerk program preferred.
- Minimum three years’ experience as a Legal Assistant.
Our firm offers competitive salaries, great benefits, matching RRSP plan and fitness reimbursement. To apply for this position, please contact Jodi Horb at email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.