LITIGATION PARALEGAL (EDMONTON OFFICE)
We are currently seeking a Litigation Paralegal to join our Edmonton office. Brownlee LLP offers competitive salaries, great benefits, a matching RRSP Plan and a fitness reimbursement. Please review the following and if this sets out the perfect opportunity for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Organizing and review client and other party production documents, scanning, coding documents and e-discovery processing.
- Preparing Affidavits of Records (including document review and coding).
- Preparing of production including preparing witness and expert briefing binders.
- Importing new data and exporting load files, loading transcripts and exporting network cases.
- Organizing of exhibit, undertakings, pleadings and motion materials and assisting with obtaining client and other party undertaking responses.
- Registering and renewing Writs, performing PPR, Corporate and Land Title searches.
- Formatting and compiling reference and support documents for Court briefs and for Court of Appeal filings including Appeal Books and Factums.
Key Competencies Include:
- Good understanding of legal concepts and procedures.
- Working knowledge of litigation support software (i.e. Eclipse) and a good understanding of the practical requirements of e-discovery.
- Advanced computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office, Outlook, document management systems and an enthusiasm for e-discovery software.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, communication skills and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Positive work ethic and attitude along with strong teamwork skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact confidently with lawyers and clients.
- Working knowledge of Court of Appeal procedural filing requirements is a benefit.
- Post-secondary diploma/certificate from an accredited paralegal/legal assistant program (successful career history will be considered).
- Minimum 3+ years as a Paralegal working on litigation matters preferred however we are prepared to train a qualified candidate.
To apply for this position, please contact Jodi Horb at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.