MARKETING AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
We are currently seeking a full time Marketing and Business Development Manager, responsible for supporting the Edmonton and Calgary offices to drive revenue growth and elevate the profile of the Firm in alignment with the Strategic Plan.
- Manage the day-to-day requests for marketing and business development support including, but not limited to: organization and facilitation of firm seminars (including the production of handout materials), conventions, tradeshows, sponsored events such as hospitality suites, Calgary Stampede function etc.;
- Provide RFP support including research, copy editing and drafting text;
- Work with practice group leaders and partners in preparation of client focused business plans with an emphasis on revenue growth and profitability;
- Plan and develop the annual Marketing & BD budget and expenses for Edmonton and Calgary;
- Assist in the development and production of content for business development initiatives including seminars, conferences, industry association and other opportunities to enhance Brownlee visibility;
- Manage and develop the firm website and LinkedIn, posting approved content from lawyers for internet purposes, the firm intranet, social media, blogging and digital support, etc.;
- Maintain lawyer profiles, client database lists, directories etc.;
- Manage all aspects of firm advertising including firm printed materials such as business cards, letter head, firm brochures, Christmas e-cards, signage, banners, tradeshow booth, including the design, edit and renewing process;
- Handle client requests for sponsorships, donations etc.;
- Mentor, train and facilitate the professional development of direct report to enhance their skills and competencies;
Education and Competencies
- Post-secondary education certification with a major in marketing, business or communications preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience with at least two (2) years as a Marketing Manager (or similar senior role) within a professional services environment, ideally at a law firm.
- Knowledge of financial reporting concepts and analytical thinking skills
- Superior project management and organizational skills, with the ability to proactively problem-solve and manage competing priorities
- Strong professional presence and conduct
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of marketing within intranets, firm websites and all forms of social media
- Established knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point) and CRM databases
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, with strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Superior oral and written communication skills; collaborative and diplomatic operational style
- Availability to work overtime; overnight travel from two to three days may be required on occasion
To apply for this position, please contact Susan Corneau at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.