Marketing & Business Development Manager
We are currently seeking a Marketing & Business Development Manager to join our Edmonton office. Please review the following and if this sets out that perfect opportunity for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
Purpose of Role
The Marketing & Business Development Manager is responsible for supporting the Edmonton and Calgary offices to drive revenue growth and elevate the profile of the Firm in alignment with the Strategic Plan.
- Manage the day-to-day requests for marketing and business development support including, but not limited to: organization and facilitation of firm seminars (including the production of handout materials), conventions, tradeshows, sponsored events such as hospitality suites, Calgary Stampede function etc.;
- Provide RFP support including research, copy editing and drafting text;
- Work with practice group leaders and partners in preparation of client focused business plans with an emphasis on revenue growth and profitability;
- Participate in group meetings to help implement strategy, undertake business development-related client and market research as needed, suggest synergies, share best practices and promote cross-selling;
- Plan and develop the annual Marketing & BD budget and expenses for Edmonton and Calgary;
- Assist in the development and production of content for business development initiatives including seminars, conferences, industry association and other opportunities to enhance Brownlee visibility;
- Manage and develop the firm website and LinkedIn, posting approved content from lawyers for internet purposes, the firm intranet, social media, blogging and digital support, etc.;
- Maintain lawyer profiles, client database lists, directories etc.;
- Manage all aspects of firm advertising including firm printed materials such as business cards, letter head, firm brochures, Christmas e-cards, signage, banners, tradeshow booth, including the design, edit and renewing process;
- Handle client requests for sponsorships, donations etc.;
- Mentor, train and facilitate the professional development of direct report to enhance their skills and competencies; and
- Other marketing and business development projects as assigned.
- Post-secondary education certification with a major in marketing, business or communications preferred;
- A minimum of 7 years of experience with at least 2 years as a Marketing Manager (or similar senior role) within a professional services environment, ideally at a law firm;
- Knowledge of financial reporting concepts and analytical thinking skills;
- Superior project management and organizational skills, with the ability to proactively problem-solve and manage competing priorities;
- Strong professional presence and conduct;
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of marketing within intranets, firm websites and all forms of social media;
- Established knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point) and CRM databases;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, with strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Superior oral and written communication skills; collaborative and diplomatic operational style; and
- Availability to work overtime; overnight travel from two to three days may be required on occasion.
To apply for this position, please contact Jodi Horb at email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.
Litigation Legal Assistant – Edmonton
We are currently seeking a Litigation Legal Assistant to join our Edmonton office. Please review the following and if this sets out that perfect opportunity for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Daily correspondence, document preparation, dictation, drafting and filing court documents.
- File preparation and management.
- Book court dates, questionings and communicate with other parties.
- Conduct searches and carry out investigation through internet and other means.
- Liaise with legal assistants, paralegals, lawyers and clients on file progress.
- General administrative duties including entering time and preparing accounts.
- Other duties as required.
- An understanding of various litigation proceedings in both Alberta and British Columbia.
- Good computer skills with experience in MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Strong attention to detail, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact confidently with paralegals, lawyers and clients.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Graduate of recognized Legal Assistant, Paralegal or Law Clerk program preferred.
- Minimum three years’ litigation experience.
Our firm offers competitive salaries, great benefits, matching RRSP plan and fitness reimbursement. To apply for this position, please contact Jodi Horb at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.