Litigation Paralegal – Edmonton
We are currently seeking a Litigation Paralegal to join our Edmonton office. Brownlee LLP offers competitive salaries, great benefits, a matching RRSP Plan and a fitness reimbursement. Please review the following and if this sets out the perfect opportunity for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Organizing and review client production documents, scanning, coding documents and e-discovery processing.
- Preparing Affidavits of Records (including document review and coding).
- Preparing of production including preparing witness and expert briefing binders.
- Importing new data and exporting load files, loading transcripts and exporting network cases.
- Organizing of exhibit, undertakings, pleadings and motion materials.
- Good understanding of legal concepts and procedures.
- Working knowledge of litigation support software (i.e. Eclipse) and a good understanding of the practical requirements of e-discovery.
- Advanced computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office, Outlook, document management systems and an enthusiasm for e-discovery software.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, communication skills and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Positive work ethic and attitude along with strong teamwork skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact confidently with lawyers and clients.
- Post-secondary diploma/certificate from an accredited paralegal/legal assistant program (successful career history will be considered).
- 5+ years as a Paralegal, working on litigation matters (i.e. insurance defence, personal injury).
To apply for this position, please contact Jodi Horb at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.
Litigation Legal Assistant – Edmonton
We are currently seeking a Litigation Legal Assistant to join our Edmonton office. Please review the following and if this sets out that perfect opportunity for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Daily correspondence, document preparation, dictation, drafting and filing court documents.
- File preparation and management.
- Book court dates, questionnings and communicate with other parties.
- Conduct searches and carry out investigation through internet and other means.
- Liaise with legal assistants, paralegals, lawyers and clients on file progress.
- General administrative duties including entering time and preparing accounts.
- Other duties as required.
- An understanding of various litigation proceedings.
- Good computer skills with experience in MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Strong attention to detail, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact confidently with paralegals, lawyers and clients.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Graduate of recognized Legal Assistant, Paralegal or Law Clerk program preferred.
- Minimum three years’ litigation experience.
To apply for this position, please contact Jodi Horb at email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT (Permanent Part Time (0.5) Position – EDMONTON OFFICE)
We are currently seeking a part-time Marketing Communications Assistant to join our Edmonton office.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to articulate firm communications and standards.
- Write, edit, and proofread marketing materials, and social media posts for accuracy and consistency.
- Ensure all communications and marketing materials are in alignment with the company’s brand, product
- Assist preparing marketing plans; planning and organizing promotional presentations.
- Develop a yearly social media and marketing calendar with Marketing Manager
- Assist in website updating, designs and social media; email campaigns and E-Newsletters; video, print and digital advertising.
- Assist in the research of promotional materials, inventorying stock, verifying receipt of orders, and facilitating distribution.
- Assist in planning memorable events with the Marketing team, including setting up our booth and attending trade shows and events
- Take photos of events and post on social media platforms
- Regularly update and maintain contact lists
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Law, Communications or Journalism
- One to two years professional writing experience in Marketing or Communications
- Exceptional verbal and written communication with a strong attention to detail.
- Effective organizational and time management skills in handling multiple priorities, performing a variety of tasks, and meeting required deadlines.
- Solid working knowledge of best practices for social media, website, marketing, branding and design.
- Writing/editing of copy and graphic design experience an asset.
- Photography / filming & video editing skills an asset.
- Must be motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Minimal travel may be required
To apply for this position, please contact Jodi Horb at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.