Our firm is looking for an energetic Communications Advisor to join the Marketing and Business Development team. Reporting to the Marketing and Business Development Manager, the Communication Advisor will be responsible for multiple projects both internally and externally.
- Regularly update the website and social media accounts with relevant and engaging content
- Oversee digital marketing campaigns for the firm events or initiatives from start to finish
- Develop and implement plans to increase awareness around various events including webinars, seminars and conferences
- Create marketing collateral for various practice areas
- Assist in the production of videos for promotional purposes
- Generate regular reports detailing social media and website analytics and performance
- Stay up to date on the latest trends in communication and marketing and adopt applicable ideas that will benefit the firm
- Assist in writing reports to the executive committee including the annual report for the department
- Manage email marketing campaigns from inception to completion
- Write for various mediums and prepare RFP responses
- Take initiative in researching topics and developing content for the intranet
- Connect with internal and external stakeholders and build relationships
- Create and prepare advertisements for various publications
- Create and review mailing lists with special attention to CASL guidelines
- A degree or diploma in Communications or a related field
- Five to seven years of progressive experience in Communications or a related field
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficient with Adobe Creative programs
- Able to maintain a positive attitude at work
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- Able to predict and react to changing situations or shifting priorities
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional work ethic and an excellent team player
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Marketing and Business Development Manager Asia Wehbi at email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.
Municipal Legal Assistant — Edmonton
We are currently seeking a Municipal Legal Assistant to join our Edmonton office. The ideal candidate would have a litigation background, be highly motivated and be able to work independently within a team environment. Court of Appeal experience is an asset. Please review the following and if this sets out the perfect opportunity for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
- General administrative duties including correspondence, entering time and preparing accounts.
- File management (electronic and physical) – opening and closing files, diarizations, background documents binders, trial binders, processing initial documents received from clients.
- Conduct research – gathering case law, relevant Provincial Legislation.
- Conduct corporate searches and land titles searches and registrations.
- Liaise with legal assistants, paralegals, lawyers and clients on file progress.
- Assist with the preparation of Memoranda, Facta, Records, Books of Authorities, etc. for filing with the Court of Appeal.
- Other duties as required.
- An understanding of litigation proceedings.
- Good computer skills with experience in MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Strong attention to detail, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact confidently with paralegals, lawyers and clients.
- Graduate of recognized Legal Assistant, Paralegal or Law Clerk program preferred.
- Minimum three years’ litigation experience.
To apply for this position, please contact Jodi Horb at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.