Accounting Assistant – Billings (Edmonton Office)
Brownlee LLP is recruiting a highly motivated, proactive and enthusiastic team player to join our Edmonton Accounting Team as an Accounting Assistant (Billings).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with billing lawyers, paralegals, legal assistants and external clients, and responding to any queries regarding the billing process.
- Preparing, printing and posting of bills in a timely manner, monthly quarterly or on request.
- Uploading prepared invoices to various e-billing platforms and ensuring supporting documents are forwarded to clients.
- Acting as monitor for specific clients and/or matters when Alternate Fee arrangements are in place; ensuring that special rates and discounts are applied to each invoice.
- Responsible for initial collection inquiry with external clients. Escalating billing concerns/issues to billing lawyer for direction on next steps. When necessary, cancelling and re-issuing invoices or creating credit notes.
- Responding to internal and external inquiries on all departmental processes and procedures.
Education / Experience:
- Post-secondary education and/or diploma in accounting is required or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience, including client service, billing, collections and/or accounts receivable, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Familiarity/experience with Aderant or a similar accounting system would be an asset.
- Strong time management skills, ability to handle multiple tasks, set schedules and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organization and teamwork skills.
- Capacity to demonstrate tact and diplomacy when dealing with internal and external clients.
- Flexibility to work overtime during peak billing periods.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- High level of discretion and confidentiality.
Our firm offers an attractive compensation package with competitive salaries, great benefits, a matching RSP plan, fitness reimbursement and has the reputation of a great place to work!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to:
2200 Commerce Place
10155 102nd Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4G8
Attn: Jodi Horb, Human Resources Manager
*Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.