- In PetroFrontier, Alberta Court of Appeal Advises on Protecting Solicitor-client Privilege When Pleading
- Harling V Lauf Finds Second-Counsel Costs Proper for Remote Trial
- Relevant & Substantial Undertaking Responses Might Qualify As Litigation Steps
- Clarifying the Impact of Informal Offers on Cost Calculations
- Alberta Court Of Appeal Comments On The Test For Setting Aside A Default Judgment
Ashley Cosgrove began her employment with Brownlee LLP as a law student in the summer of 2019, returned for the summer of 2020, and is now articling with the firm for 2021 – 2022.
A 2021 graduate from the University of Calgary’s Juris Doctor program, Ashley is passionate about furthering her experience in the legal field, and prides herself on open communication with her clients.
She is confident that working with the dedicated lawyers at Brownlee will prepare her for her legal career as well as help her learn best practices to more efficiently solve problems for her clients. “Brownlee provides exceptional attention to detail and always ensures that staff are abreast of the most recent legal developments,” she said.
While attending law school, Ashley volunteered for projects affiliated with Pro Bono Students Canada, assisted new students with commencing their legal education as a University of Calgary Law Ambassador, and played for the university’s Rugby team. In her spare time, you can find her hiking, snowboarding and enjoying the outdoors.
As a student-at-law, Ashley has the pleasure of working in a variety of practice areas at Brownlee LLP.
- Calgary Bar Association
- Association of Women Lawyers (Calgary)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta (Student-at-Law status)
Law provides a welcome mental challenge. Utilizing the written and spoken word to achieve desired outcomes has always been a passion of mine.