Legal Assistant (Labour & Employment) – Edmonton
We are currently seeking a Legal Assistant to join our Labour & Employment department in our Edmonton office. Please review the following and if this sets out the opportunity you are looking for, we look forward to hearing from you.
- daily correspondence, document preparation, dictation, drafting and filing court documents.
- File preparation and management.
- Book court dates, questionings and communicate with other parties.
- Conduct searches and carry out investigation through internet and other means.
- Liaise with legal assistants, paralegals, lawyers and clients on file progress.
- General administrative duties including entering time and preparing accounts.
- Other duties as required.
- An understanding of various litigation proceedings.
- Good computer skills with experience in MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Strong attention to detail, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact confidently with paralegals, lawyers and clients.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- raduate of recognized Legal Assistant, Paralegal or Law Clerk program preferred.
- Minimum three years’ experience as a Legal Assistant.
Our firm offers competitive salaries, great benefits, matching RRSP plan and fitness reimbursement. To apply for this position, please contact Jodi Horb at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our firm is looking for an energetic Communications Advisor to join the Marketing and Business Development team. Reporting to the Marketing and Business Development Manager, the Communication Advisor will be responsible for multiple projects both internally and externally.
- Regularly update the website and social media accounts with relevant and engaging content
- Oversee digital marketing campaigns for the firm events or initiatives from start to finish
- Develop and implement plans to increase awareness around various events including webinars, seminars and conferences
- Create marketing collateral for various practice areas
- Assist in the production of videos for promotional purposes
- Generate regular reports detailing social media and website analytics and performance
- Stay up to date on the latest trends in communication and marketing and adopt applicable ideas that will benefit the firm
- Assist in writing reports to the executive committee including the annual report for the department
- Manage email marketing campaigns from inception to completion
- Write for various mediums and prepare RFP responses
- Take initiative in researching topics and developing content for the intranet
- Connect with internal and external stakeholders and build relationships
- Create and prepare advertisements for various publications
- Create and review mailing lists with special attention to CASL guidelines
- A degree or diploma in Communications or a related field
- Three to five years of progressive experience in Communications or a related field
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficient with Adobe Creative programs
- Able to maintain a positive attitude at work
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- Able to predict and react to changing situations or shifting priorities
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional work ethic and an excellent team player
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Marketing and Business Development Manager Asia Wehbi at email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.
Manager, Human Resources
This role is responsible for managing the Firm’s human resources and aligning practices with the Firm’s strategic plan;
for the recruitment of non-lawyer roles, onboarding new employees, training and development, employee relations,
performance management and participates in the staff compensation review.
- Managing the activities of the Human Resources department; assisting all managers in the staff recruiting,
interviewing, orientation, performance management, transfer, promotion or termination of employees.
- Administering the firm’s overall salary compensation and benefit programs, ensuring that compensation
policies and practices confirm to firm-wide guidelines.
- Ensuring that uniform standards of working hours, overtime, vacations, leave of absence, severance pay,
holidays and related policy areas are maintained,
- Ensuring availability of staffing and resources so that service to lawyers is uninterrupted; anticipating future
human resource needs, developing innovative solutions
- Recruiting and selection for all legal assistant and paralegal roles, including posting available positions and
- Conducting annual salary and benefit surveys
- Managing employee relations, conflict resolution and performance improvement plans, as well as
- Managing the annual employee performance management program
- Managing the employee training and development program;
- Manage Maternity/Parental and other leave administration
- Preparing for and conducting terminations of employment
- Conducting staff exit interviews and responsible for all follow-up required for terminations of employment
- Advising the Firm on HR priorities and related policies in the context of Firm priorities and emerging industry
- Evaluating and recommending changes to Human Resource policies, practices and programs and act as a
change agent in implementing recommended changes throughout the organization;
- Participating in the development of a comprehensive compensation plan, including bonus, and rewards and
- HR Projects as assigned
- Post-secondary education and CPHR (or candidate) designation
- 5+ years’ experience as a Human Resources Administrator or Manager in a professional environment
- Experience and demonstrated performance in the leadership and management of staff
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Effective and positive team player, results-oriented, and strong internal client focus
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact and collaborate with others
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to communicate clearly, persuasively and
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize, handle competing tasks and ability to meet urgent
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to collaborate successfully in a team environment
- Proficiency in MOS Office computer software (Word, Excel)
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to the Director of Finance and Administration Glenda Macdonald at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.