HR/ OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (CALGARY OFFICE)
We are currently seeking a permanent half time (.5) Human Resources/Office Administrator to join our Calgary office. Please review the following and if this sets out that perfect opportunity for you, we look forward to hearing from you. This is a new position that will include, but is not limited to the following duties:
- Administration of firm policies and procedures
- Absence tracking, ensuring replacement coverage is in place to support lawyers
- Review of staff workflows
- Conflict resolution
- Recruitment and selection
- Answer misc. queries re: cold calls, general questions re processes/procedures
- Key contact person for building facilities and issues
- Plan and prepare for staff functions and events
- Post-secondary education certification with a focus on Human Resources and or Business Administration;
- A minimum of 7 years of experience with at least 2 years as an HR Administrator (or similar senior role) within a professional services environment, ideally at a law firm;
- Superior organizational skills, with the ability to proactively problem-solve and manage competing priorities;
- Strong professional presence and conduct;
- Established knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with strong attention to detail
Superior oral and written communication skills; collaborative and diplomatic operational style.
Our firm offers competitive salaries, great benefits, matching RRSP plan, fitness reimbursement, and a fun place to work!
If this describes you, please forward your resume to:
700, 396 – 11th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2J 4J1
Attn: Susan Corneau
*Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
LITIGATION LEGAL ASSISTANT (CALGARY OFFICE)
We are currently seeking a Litigation Legal Assistant to join our Calgary office. Please review the following and if this sets out that perfect opportunity for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Daily correspondence, document preparation, dictation, drafting and filing court documents;
- File preparation and management;
- Book court dates, questionnings and communicate with other parties;
- Conduct searches and carry out investigation through internet and other means;
- Liaise with legal assistants, paralegals, lawyers and clients on file progress;
- General administrative duties including entering time and preparing accounts;
- Other duties as required.
- An understanding of various litigation proceedings.
- Good computer skills with experience in MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Strong attention to detail, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact confidently with paralegals, lawyers and clients.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Graduate of recognized Legal Assistant (Paralegal/Law Clerk) program preferred.
- Minimum three years’ litigation experience.
To apply for this position, please contact Jodi Horb at email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
FINANCE ADMINISTRATOR (EDMONTON OFFICE)
We are currently seeking a Finance Administrator to join our Edmonton Office. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, a matching RSP plan and have the reputation of a great place to work!
Purpose of Role
The Finance Administrator supports the Finance Manager with providing analytical reporting, advice and guidance on future financial plans as well as provides advice and practical support to all internal stakeholders including developing, executing and managing focused accounting practices. The Finance Administrator will be responsible for reconciling and analyzing general ledger accounts, preparing monthly reports by applying fundamental accounting practices and utilizing his/her extensive knowledge of accounting systems and best practices.
- Analyzing and reconciling of all general ledger accounts
- Prepare and publish timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of the Monterey, Spyglass, and Brownlee annual budgets
- Maintain and develop new processes within Aderant accounting software
- Maintaining and reconciling Partner’s accounts (Parking, LTD, Memberships etc.)
- Supporting and backing up of other Finance positions
- Supervising and providing guidance to accounting staff
- Prepare worksheets and payment of cash distribution, unallocated income, dividends and Director fees
- Manage the Firm’s liabilities (e.g. insurance premiums, Law Society dues and ALIA fees, etc.)
- Review reconciliation of various accounts for month-end purposes
- Monitor and report on any issues that arise with any of the trust or general accounts
- Assist external auditors with queries
- Participating in special projects and other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate education in Finance, Commerce, Economics or a relevant field
- CPA or CMA preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive accounting and payroll experience, preferably in a professional services environment
- Knowledge of financial reporting concepts and quantitative analysis methods
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- In-depth understanding of legal and business environments with a strong sense of professionalism and work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and teamwork skills
- Ability to protect and maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Highly motivated, proactive and enthusiastic team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, with strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of payroll systems, principles and practices including federal and provincial regulations
- Availability to work overtime
To apply for this position, please contact Jodi Horb at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.