MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT (Permanent Part Time (0.5) Position – EDMONTON OFFICE)
We are currently seeking a part-time Marketing Communications Assistant to join our Edmonton office.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to articulate firm communications and standards.
- Write, edit, and proofread marketing materials, and social media posts for accuracy and consistency.
- Ensure all communications and marketing materials are in alignment with the company’s brand, product
- Assist preparing marketing plans; planning and organizing promotional presentations.
- Develop a yearly social media and marketing calendar with Marketing Manager
- Assist in website updating, designs and social media; email campaigns and E-Newsletters; video, print and digital advertising.
- Assist in the research of promotional materials, inventorying stock, verifying receipt of orders, and facilitating distribution.
- Assist in planning memorable events with the Marketing team, including setting up our booth and attending trade shows and events
- Take photos of events and post on social media platforms
- Regularly update and maintain contact lists
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Law, Communications or Journalism
- One to two years professional writing experience in Marketing or Communications
- Exceptional verbal and written communication with a strong attention to detail.
- Effective organizational and time management skills in handling multiple priorities, performing a variety of tasks, and meeting required deadlines.
- Solid working knowledge of best practices for social media, website, marketing, branding and design.
- Writing/editing of copy and graphic design experience an asset.
- Photography / filming & video editing skills an asset.
- Must be motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Minimal travel may be required
To apply for this position, please contact Susan Corneau at email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
FINANCE ADMINISTRATOR (EDMONTON OFFICE)
We are currently seeking a Finance Administrator to join our Edmonton Office. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, a matching RSP plan and have the reputation of a great place to work!
Purpose of Role
The Finance Administrator supports the Finance Manager with providing analytical reporting, advice and guidance on future financial plans as well as provides advice and practical support to all internal stakeholders including developing, executing and managing focused accounting practices. The Finance Administrator will be responsible for reconciling and analyzing general ledger accounts, preparing monthly reports by applying fundamental accounting practices and utilizing his/her extensive knowledge of accounting systems and best practices.
- Analyzing and reconciling of all general ledger accounts
- Prepare and publish timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of the Monterey, Spyglass, and Brownlee annual budgets
- Maintain and develop new processes within Aderant accounting software
- Maintaining and reconciling Partner’s accounts (Parking, LTD, Memberships etc.)
- Supporting and backing up of other Finance positions
- Supervising and providing guidance to accounting staff
- Prepare worksheets and payment of cash distribution, unallocated income, dividends and Director fees
- Manage the Firm’s liabilities (e.g. insurance premiums, Law Society dues and ALIA fees, etc.)
- Review reconciliation of various accounts for month-end purposes
- Monitor and report on any issues that arise with any of the trust or general accounts
- Assist external auditors with queries
- Participating in special projects and other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate education in Finance, Commerce, Economics or a relevant field
- CPA or CMA preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive accounting and payroll experience, preferably in a professional services environment
- Knowledge of financial reporting concepts and quantitative analysis methods
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- In-depth understanding of legal and business environments with a strong sense of professionalism and work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and teamwork skills
- Ability to protect and maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Highly motivated, proactive and enthusiastic team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, with strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of payroll systems, principles and practices including federal and provincial regulations
- Availability to work overtime
To apply for this position, please contact Jodi Horb at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.