HR/ OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (CALGARY OFFICE)
We are currently seeking a permanent half time (.5) Human Resources/Office Administrator to join our Calgary office. Please review the following and if this sets out that perfect opportunity for you, we look forward to hearing from you. This is a new position that will include, but is not limited to the following duties:
- Administration of firm policies and procedures
- Absence tracking, ensuring replacement coverage is in place to support lawyers
- Review of staff workflows
- Conflict resolution
- Recruitment and selection
- Answer misc. queries re: cold calls, general questions re processes/procedures
- Key contact person for building facilities and issues
- Plan and prepare for staff functions and events
- Post-secondary education certification with a focus on Human Resources and or Business Administration;
- A minimum of 7 years of experience with at least 2 years as an HR Administrator (or similar senior role) within a professional services environment, ideally at a law firm;
- Superior organizational skills, with the ability to proactively problem-solve and manage competing priorities;
- Strong professional presence and conduct;
- Established knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with strong attention to detail
Superior oral and written communication skills; collaborative and diplomatic operational style.
Our firm offers competitive salaries, great benefits, matching RRSP plan, fitness reimbursement, and a fun place to work!
If this describes you, please forward your resume to:
700, 396 – 11th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2J 4J1
Attn: Susan Corneau
*Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
LITIGATION LEGAL ASSISTANT
We are currently seeking a Litigation Legal Assistant to join our Edmonton office. Please review the following and if this sets out that perfect opportunity for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Daily correspondence, document preparation, dictation, drafting and filing court documents;
- File preparation and management;
- Book court dates, questionnings and communicate with other parties;
- Conduct searches and carry out investigation through internet and other means;
- Liaise with legal assistants, paralegals, lawyers and clients on file progress;
- General administrative duties including entering time and preparing accounts;
- Other duties as required.
- An understanding of various litigation proceedings.
- Good computer skills with experience in MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Strong attention to detail, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact confidently with paralegals, lawyers and clients.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Graduate of recognized Legal Assistant (Paralegal/Law Clerk) program preferred.
- Minimum three years’ litigation experience.
To apply for this position, please contact Jodi Horb at email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.