CONNECT WITH ME
RECENT ARTICLES/CASE STUDIES
Michael interned and articled with Bennett Jones LLP before joining Brownlee LLP where he now maintains a general civil litigation practice with an emphasis on construction, contract, and insurance disputes. Although he primarily acts for regional, national, and multinational insurance companies, he also assists a variety of independent adjusting firms, insurance brokerages, property restoration companies, small businesses, and individuals to achieve fast, cost-effective resolutions to their legal problems.
He regularly represents clients at mediations, judicial dispute resolutions, arbitrations, pre-trial conferences, and before the Alberta Provincial Court (Civil) and Alberta Court of King’s Bench.
Michael has an honours degree in philosophy and recently obtained a commercial helicopter pilot’s license. His hobbies include mixed martial arts, fishing, sport shooting, flying, tennis, weight lifting, and golf.
- Perfect Fit Canada Ltd. v Mihalicz, 2017 ABPC 197
- Schneider v LTS Infrastructure et al, 2018 ABPC 125
- Greenfield v Extreme Quality Restoration Ltd., 2019 ABPC 332
- Vogel v Claresholm, 2019 ABPC 278
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- Calgary Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association Alberta Branch Insurance Section
- Section Coordinator (South), Canadian Bar Association
- Communications Officer of National Insurance Board, Canadian Bar Association
- Mentor, Gender Equity in Law Association (formerly known as the Calgary Women Studying Law Association)
- Donor, Canadian Blood Services
- Volunteer Lawyer, Pro Bono Law Alberta