CONNECT WITH ME
RECENT ARTICLES/CASE STUDIES
- Schizophrenia, Knives, and Insurance: A Complex Coverage Scenario
- An Important Decision for Property and Casualty Insurers: Abbas v Esurance Insurance Company of Canada, 2023 ABCA 36
- The Impact of Ministerial Order 27-2020. A Look at Rainard v Tan
- For Businesses Dissatisfied with Insurance Options, Captive Insurance may be coming to Alberta
Michael maintains a general civil litigation practice with an emphasis on personal injury, product liability, construction, and first party coverage disputes, including allegations of bad faith.
Although he primarily acts for regional, national, and multinational insurance companies, he also assists a variety of independent adjusting firms, insurance brokerages, property restoration companies, small businesses, and individuals to achieve fast, cost-effective resolutions to their legal problems.
Last year he took a break from his practice to embark on a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to second in Lloyd’s with Atrium Underwriters Ltd. and Tokio Marine Kiln. The experience allowed him to broaden his knowledge, gain new insights, and grow his network. Now, he is eager to continue making a positive impact in the world of insurance law.
He regularly represents clients at mediations, judicial dispute resolutions, arbitrations, pre-trial conferences, and before the Alberta Provincial Court (Civil) and Alberta Court of King’s Bench.
Michael has an honours degree in philosophy and recently obtained a commercial helicopter pilot’s license. His hobbies include mixed martial arts, fishing, sport shooting, flying, tennis, weight lifting, and golf.
Today, Michael is eager to continue making a positive impact in the world of insurance law. Michael is humbled by the trust his clients place in him and is committed to helping them achieve their goals and succeed in the ever-changing legal landscape.
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Construction Disputes
- Contract Disputes
- Liability Waiver Drafting and Disputes
- First Party Coverage Disputes
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- Calgary Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association Alberta Branch Insurance Section
- Section Coordinator (South), Canadian Bar Association
- Communications Officer of National Insurance Board, Canadian Bar Association
- Mentor, Gender Equity in Law Association (formerly known as the Calgary Women Studying Law Association)
- Donor, Canadian Blood Services
- Volunteer Lawyer, Pro Bono Law Alberta