Megan began her legal career as an Articling Student with the City of Calgary where she gained significant experience in municipal law and litigation. During her articles, Megan gained valuable trial and advocacy experience as a Municipal Prosecutor on various Bylaw offences and small claims matters before the Provincial Court of Alberta.
Megan came to Brownlee LLP in 2016 as a Litigation Associate and practices in the Labour and Employment Group. She has advocated for her clients on various matters and loves to take on a new challenge. Her goal is to provide clients with cost-effective, practical and creative solutions, along with pro-active strategies for the long term.
Megan’s expertise is diverse, which allows her to provide advice on a wide variety of issues, including (but not limited to):
- Wrongful Dismissal and Constructive Dismissal;
- Human Rights and Employment Standards Complaints;
- Drafting employment offers and agreements;
- Performance management and discipline of employees;
- Labour Relations, Union Disputes and Collective Bargaining;
- Drafting employer policies and procedures;
- Drug and alcohol testing matters;
- Occupational Health and Safety; and
- Employment and Labour Legislation compliance and requirements
In addition to her legal practice, Megan is committed to being involved in her community. She participates in the Pro Bono Law Alberta Civil Claims Duty Counsel Project and is on the Board of Governors for the King’s University in Edmonton. Megan has experience volunteering with a community development organization abroad, as well as working with inner city communities. In her spare time you can typically find Megan dreaming up her next interior design project, taking in the local restaurant scene with friends and family or exploring a new neighbourhood/city/country.
- Municipal law
- Alberta Bar Association 2016
- Canadian Law and Society Association
- Alberta Women’s Lawyer Association
- LEAF, Calgary Branch
- Global Shapers, Calgary Hub (World Economic Forum) 2016-2017
- The King’s University Board of Governors