Marny joined the Municipal Team as an Associate in July 2012.
Her primary practice focus is municipal law, where she
has experience that includes general corporate governance, real estate, planning and development, expropriation and enforcement.
- General Municipal Counsel
- General Corporate Governance
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Real Estate
- Planning & Development
- Municipal Contracts
- Administrative Law
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Past President, Alberta Expropriation Association
- Grants Director, Mount Pleasant Community Association
Although my family always thought I would become an engineer given my aptitude for math, working with numbers was never something I wanted to pursue. After obtaining my bachelor degree, I chose to attend law school because I wanted a career that would allow me to use and develop my analytical and writing skills while at the same time provide a challenging and stimulating intellectual environment. I also enjoy working with people and I liked that the skills I developed in law school could be used to help others resolve their legal issues and understand their rights.