Jenelle acts as counsel for employers across Alberta at all levels of court, the Alberta Human Rights Commission, the Canadian Human Rights Commission, and the Alberta Labour Relations Board. Her two primary practice areas are Labour & Employment Law and Education Law. Within those practice areas, Jenelle has developed experience in Human Rights, Privacy & Access to Information, and Technology Management, among others. Jenelle has further developed specializations in the representation of school divisions and municipal clients, in addition to private corporations and non-profit organizations of various sizes.
Jenelle’s practice in Labour & Employment Law has brought her into professional contact with both unionized and non-unionized workplaces, primarily from a management perspective. Jenelle frequently provides legal advice regarding issues such as hiring, discipline, and termination; employment contract and policy development and review; collective bargaining, grievances and arbitrations; wrongful dismissal litigation; workplace reorganizations; negotiating severance and retirement packages; managing human rights issues, including the accommodation of illness and disability, family status, mandatory retirement and religious beliefs; privacy and access to information issues, including
employment records; confidentiality, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements and related litigation; managing social networking sites and other technology in the workplace; employee training and development agreements; workplace drug and alcohol testing; Alberta Employment Standards Code and Canada Labour Code Complaints; and Human Rights Complaints.
- Labour and Employment Law
- Human Rights Law
- Education Law
- Appearing at all levels of court and before Administrative Tribunals
- Provide her clients with the practical skills and tools to manage risks and avoid human resource problems before they arise
- Helps clients find positive outcomes in disputes, including Litigation, Arbitrations, and Human Rights Complaints
- Member of the Law Society of Alberta (2009)
- Member of the Law Society of the Northwest Territories (2013)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
I love learning, and law seemed like a great way to be consistently challenged to learn, understand, and apply new things.