DREW WILSON lawyer
GET IN TOUCH
CONNECT WITH ME
RECENT ARTICLES/CASE STUDIES
- Court of King’s Bench Confirms Stigma Damages and Strict Interpretation of MGA Defences | Legare v Acme (Village), 2023 ABKB 145
- Insurers Unable to Enforce Litigation Timelines when Common Courtesies Extended: Jelonek v Monterrosa-Renaud, 2022 ABKB 738
- Are Building Developers Liable? Maybe… Condo Corp v JV Somerset Development Inc, 2022 ABCA 193
- New Pyke Decision May Create Uncertainty for Municipal Statutory Defences
- In Nelson V Marchi, Supreme Court Clarifies the Core-Policy Defence for Municipalities
- “Results Matter” – Alberta Court Shows Respect for Prior Municipal Decisions and Prevents Collateral Attacks
- The Weir-Jones (2019) Summary Judgement Hangover
- Indemnification and the Duty to Defend in Commercial Agreements
- What is Reasonable in the Context of the Mitigation Argument
- Taking Chronic Pain Seriously: Plaintiff Awarded Nearly $200,000 in Minor Parking Lot Accident
- British Columbia: What is Reasonable in the Context of the Mitigation Argument?
Drew Wilson started with Brownlee LLP as a student and has been with the firm since. He was able to gain courtroom experience early in his articles by acting as a municipal bylaw prosecutor.
He has since developed a general commercial litigation practice with an emphasis on construction, municipal liability, personal injury, transport and insurance law.
He has had success defending municipalities at the Alberta Provincial Court and the Alberta Court of King’s Bench. He has also appeared before the Alberta Court of Appeal.
- Construction Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- Occupiers’ Liability
- Municipal Litigation
- Prosecutor, Municipal
- Transport Law
- Pro Bono Students Canada
- Volunteer, Community Legal Assistance Services For Saskatoon Inner City (CLASSIC)
- Volunteer, Civil Claims Duty Counsel with Pro Bono Law Alberta
I enjoy dealing with complex issues and looking at them from different angles to formulate the best argument. Also, the NFL’s Tennessee Titans wouldn’t return my phone calls.
- 2021: Ekman v. Brooks Master Farrington Endorsement
- Ellis v City of Lethbridge, 2020 ABQB 783 (upheld on appeal)
- Wallace v Eastside City Church, 2020 ABCA 126
- Dizon v Klevgaard, 2020 ABPC (unreported)
- Ellis v Lethbridge (City), 2019 ABPC 276