Carman practices in the area of litigation with a focus on insurance defence including products liability, fire, occupier’s liability and bodily injury. She has appeared before both the Provincial Court of Alberta and the Alberta Court of King’s Bench.
Carman was a sessional lecturer, teaching Insurance Law at the University of Alberta. Carman also volunteered as an evaluator for CPLED.
Carman also has experience in alternative dispute resolution including private mediation and judicial dispute resolution. She has also appeared as counsel at various levels of courts in Alberta, including the Provincial Court (Civil) and the Court of King’s Bench.
- Defence counsel on various personal injury claims including, but not limited to, motor vehicle accidents and occupiers’ liability
- Defence counsel on products liability claims
- Defence of insurers on policy coverage issues and first party claims on insurance policies
- Counsel on subrogated claims related to large loss property damage claims
- Defence and Plaintiff’s counsel for various retail and commercial establishments for occupiers’ liability
- Defence counsel in various forms of alternative dispute resolution including private mediation, and judicial dispute resolution
- Appeared as counsel at various levels of courts in Alberta, including Provincial Court (Civil) and the Court of King’s Bench.
- Edmonton Community Legal Centre Education
The law will always challenge you. Overcoming challenges provides a great sense of satisfaction. Helping others to overcome challenges provides a great feeling of accomplishment.