CONNECT WITH ME
Aaron is an experienced litigator. He is a member of the Law Societies of Ontario (2004), Alberta (2010) and the Northwest Territories (2017), and recently appeared in Manitoba’s Courts of Queen’s Bench and Appeal.
Aaron provides coverage advice to insurers of commercial general liability, wrap-up liability, professional liability, directors’ errors and omissions, business interruption, and property and casualty insurance policies. Aaron’s practice includes the defence of coverage actions, priority disputes amongst insurers, construction litigation, complex and catastrophic personal injury claims, dependents’ claims, and the defence of engineering,
insurance, medical, and accounting professionals.
Aaron is thorough and meticulous in representing client interests. He guides clients through the litigation process by identifying litigation risks, providing strategic analysis and advice; and assiduous advocacy.
Aaron has conducted trials before the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench, Ontario’s Superior Court of Justice and the Ontario Court of Justice. Aaron has also conducted applications, motions and appeals in courts throughout Alberta, Ontario and Manitoba, which includes:
- The Ontario Court of Appeal (Toronto);
- The Manitoba Court of Appeal (Winnipeg);
- The Ontario Superior Court of Justice (Toronto, Hamilton, Brampton, Barrie, Newmarket, Whitby, North Bay, Sudbury, Guelph, Kitchener, Owen Sound);
- The Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench (Edmonton, Calgary, St. Paul, Leduc);
- The Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench (Winnipeg);
- The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario’s Licence Appeal Tribunal; and,
- The Alberta Workers’ Compensation Board’s Dispute Resolution and Decision Review Body (Edmonton).
Aaron has appeared as counsel in the following reported decisions:
- Winnipeg Airports Authority Inc v Allianz Global Risks US Insurance Company, 2017 MBCA 101
- Winnipeg Airports Authority Inc. v. Allianz Global Risks US Insurance Co., 2016 MBQB 185
- Bansal v. Ferrara Pan Candy Co., 2014 ABQB 384
- Steinke v. Hajduk Gibbs LLP, 2014 ABQB 34
- (A.B.) v. G. (M.), 2013 ABQB 461
- Dobert v. McCulloch, (2009), 179 A.C.W.S. (3d) 669
- Dobert v. McCulloch, 2008 ONCJ 673
- Longyear Canada, ULC v. 897173 Ontario Inc.,  O.J. No. 374
- Longyear Canada, ULC v. 897173 Ontario Inc.,  O.J. No. 4834
- 1146726 Ontario Inc. v. National Trust Co.,  O.J. No. 1487 (CA)
- Law Society of Upper Canada (2004)
- Law Society of Alberta (2010)
- Canadian Bar Association