Tina Mtshiya is a litigator whose practice focuses on defence litigation and immigration.
Her defence litigation practice focuses on occupier’s liability, motor vehicle collisions, construction disputes, product defects, professional liability, subrogation and personal injury.
Her immigration practice focuses on family reunification and cross-border travel of internationally skilled workers. She specializes in family sponsorship for permanent residence; sponsorship appeals; parent and grand-parent supervisa and permanent residence applications; Express Entry for skilled workers; study permits; visitor visas; temporary residence permits and Canadian citizenship applications.
Tina has experience with various forms of alternative dispute resolution including mediation and judicial dispute resolution. She also has experience adjudicating in the Provincial Court of Alberta, the Court of King’s Bench of Alberta and the Federal Court of Appeal.
Tina is married and the proud mother of a young daughter and son. She is a tireless dancer who loves to travel, cook and recently started biking on trails.
- Insurance Defence Litigation
- Occupier’s Liability
- Motor Vehicle Collisions
- Product Defects
- Professional Liability
- Personal Injury
- Trial & Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Immigration Appeals
- Temporary Residence – Visitors, Workers and Students
- Permanent Residence
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Alberta Civil Trials Lawyers Association
- Member, Legal Education Society of Alberta
- Vice Chair, Edmonton Immigrant Services Association
- Mentor, YEG: The Come Up