Law is the art of persuasion. Like art, the strength of a persuasive legal argument and position lies not only in the evidence itself, but the analysis of that evidence and how it is presented. This art of persuasion is what drew Monelle to litigation, and what continues to intrigue her.
Monelle is a senior associate, practicing insurance defence work. She never tires of delving into the depths of a file, no matter its complexity, and enjoys the adversarial aspect of litigation immensely. Having spent the majority of her career as a litigator, Monelle knows the value of a strong work ethic and thinking progressively, in order to obtain the best results for her clients.
Outside of the office, Monelle is a strong supporter of the arts community, and is also involved in various volunteer and not-for-profit organizations. She enjoys running, Pilates, skiing and spin classes, as well as good food and wine, music, art and travelling. However, her favorite activity continues to be as a cheerleader at her sons’ hockey, badminton and baseball games.
- Product Liability
- Bodily Injury
- Occupiers’ Liability
- Municipal Law
- 2021 Immediate Past President, Edmonton Bar Association
- Member, Edmonton Bar Association
- Insurance Section Executive, Canadian Bar Association (North)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Sustainer, Legal Archives Society
- Member, Golden Key Honours Society
- Board of Directors, Edmonton Community Foundation
- Hope Mission
- Run for the Cure
- Terra Centre