KELLEY L. FISKE-NIELSEN partner
GET IN TOUCH
CONNECT WITH ME
Kelley Fiske-Nielsen is a Partner with a practice bridging municipal planning and corporate law, including focus on environmental, administrative, and First Nations law. Kelley’s practice regularly involves: planning and development and appeals; environmental risks management, remediation and redevelopment; infrastructure, utilities and water supply strategies and transactions; consultation and collaboration; and, various lands or resources related planning documents and agreements including on behalf of or involving Indigenous governments or interests.
With a background as a municipal subdivision and development officer and planner, Kelley is uniquely experienced in working within municipal/local administrations, councils, technical consultants, development applicants, regulators, appeal bodies and the Alberta Courts.
Kelley has been an in-house environmental and operations counsel for a major multi-national pipeline corporation and has taught business law at two of Alberta’s colleges. Kelley rounded out her prior experience with a corporate real estate role at an international law firm.
Highly knowledgeable, competitive and dedicated, Kelley has won a variety of law school awards, including the prestigious 2003 George Bligh O’Connor Silver Medal in Law and the 2003 John E. Brownlee Memorial Prize in Local Government Law.
As a committed community booster, Kelley holds many community and professional memberships and volunteer roles.
- Municipal Law
- Planning Law
- Administrative Law
- Environmental Law
- First Nations and Indigenous Law
- Canadian Bar Association – Chair, Municipal Section South
- Canadian Bar Association – National Municipal Section, Member-at-Large
- Law Society of Alberta – Member
- CBA National Municipal Section’s Alberta Branch Representative
- University of British Columbia Varsity Athletics
- Lakeview Community Association Member
- Prior co-instructor, Land Use Planning Certificate Program, Faculty of Extension, University of Alberta
- Earl Grey Golf Club Member