Colin primarily practices in the area of Insurance Defence Litigation, with a municipal component emphasis. Further, Colin’s practice includes professional liability and errors and omissions matters.
He has been defence counsel on various personal injury claims including motor vehicle accidents and occupiers’ liability. Colin has also defended insurers on policy coverage issues and first party claims on insurance policies. He has advanced and defended subrogated claims related to large loss property damage claims.
In addition to insurance related litigation, Colin has extensive history in commercial litigation, construction litigation, builder’s lien actions, and wrongful dismissal and human rights matters.
Colin has experience in alternative dispute resolution including private mediation and judicial dispute resolution. He has also appeared as counsel at various levels of courts in Alberta, including the Provincial Court (Civil), Court of King’s Bench and the Alberta Court of Appeal.
Colin is also a non-resident practising member of the Northwest Territories bar.
He has appeared in the Supreme Court of the Northwest Territories and submitted written argument to the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Defence counsel on various personal injury claims including, but not limited to, motor vehicle accidents and occupiers’ liability
- Defence counsel on products liability claims
- Defence of insurers on policy coverage issues and first party claims on insurance policies
- Counsel on subrogated claims related to large loss property damage claims
- Defence counsel for various public entities, particularly municipal governments, for claims including personal injury, property loss and contractual disputes
- Defence and Plaintiff’s counsel for various retail and commercial establishments for occupiers’ liability
- Defence counsel in various forms of alternative dispute resolution including private mediation, and judicial dispute resolution
- Appeared as counsel at various levels of courts in Alberta, including Provincial Court (Civil) the Court of King’ Bench and the Alberta Court of Appeal.
- Appeared in the Supreme Court of the Northwest Territories
- Submitted written argument to the Supreme Court of Canada
- Member, Law Society of Alberta and the Northwest Territories
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association