As a member of Brownlee LLP’s litigation team, Chris carries on a law practice focused on resolving commercial and construction disputes. He has acted for individuals, corporations, municipalities, and public sector clients in a wide variety of litigation matters, including contractual claims, construction and builders’ lien disputes, surety bond claims, commercial and residential lease disputes, foreclosures, debt collection, and bankruptcy and insolvency matters.
Called to the Alberta Bar in 2010, Chris has appeared as counsel before the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta and the Provincial Court of Alberta. In 2013, Chris completed the Legal Education Society of Alberta’s Intensive Advocacy course.
Chris is an active member of the Canadian Bar Association and provides pro bono assistance as a volunteer at the Edmonton Community Legal Centre. Prior to joining Brownlee LLP, Chris developed experience working with all orders of government, including for a federal cabinet minister and a provincial quasi-judicial tribunal.
- Commercial Litigation & Enforcement
- Construction Litigation, Bond Claims, & Builders Lien
- Litigation Bankruptcy & Insolvency
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Edmonton Bar Association
- Volunteer Lawyer, Edmonton Community Legal Centre
- Co-Chair, Canadian Bar Association – Alberta Branch, Construction Law (North Section)
- Alumni Ambassador, University of Alberta
- Alumni Association Past President, Edmonton-area Electoral District Association for a federal political party
- Past Volunteer, Student Legal Services of Edmonton